My commitment of going to the personal trainer was solid. I made up my mind before leaving. She would have to tell me to go home (because of the cough/sniffle) and I would not easily comply No need.. She didn't argue a bit; she modified my workout. When leaving the gym, I noticed the healthy grocery store catty-corner. Went shopping. Found great stuff on clearance. Bought the non-produce staples. This inspired me to go to the local farmer's market (Superstition on Main) where I bought pounds and pounds (6 full grocery bags) of fresh produce. Spent less than $55 in total (grocery + market). Felt great about my healthy lifestyle promoting choices. An endorphin rush gave me the energy to enjoy the whole experience.
Arrived home in time to make a simple delicious dinner and get ready for the night's activities. I am involved in an ASU study called Gains In Fibromyalgia Treatment (GIFT). It was the first meeting and I wanted to feel as confident as I could when I met these new potential friends. I dressed in comfortable, brightly colored, and flattering clothing. I put on some make-up and jewelry, properly adorning myself in unique pieces that may strike conversation. Feeling as pretty as I can feel, I decided it was time to send a picture to my sweetheart (who lives many hundreds of miles away) so he could see my smile when I call. It turned out so much better than I could have hoped at the time.
Today, I saw it again and decided to mess with it, using the app Pixlr-o-matic. LOVE IT! I was able to accent the picture to make it look just how I wanted. That's my tip:
Take a picture of yourself when you're feeling especially confident. In your mind, imagine looking in the eyes of the person who you love the most. The one who loves the you that it takes awhile to get to know. That's the beautiful smiling face you want to show the world. You don't even have to be textbook (symmetric) pretty to get a good picture of yourself! Your beauty makes the picture pretty.
And light. You need decent lighting.

No comments:
Post a Comment